Many people struggle with their eating. They may be coming to you for answers. Craving Change™ gives you the background, tools and confidence to help your clients improve their relationship with food. Craving Change Inc.™ is an innovative company that has developed a series of products to inspire and support professionals facing this challenge. These include leading edge written resources for professionals and clients, professional training workshops and engaging presentations guaranteed to revitalize your practice.
Created by dietitian Wendy Shah and clinical psychologist Dr. Colleen Cannon, Craving Change™ provides a missing piece to the puzzle of helping people change their eating habits. Craving Change™ translates behaviour modification and cognitive-behavioural theory into appealing and practical strategies that a variety of professionals can use with groups or individuals.
Unique Characteristics of Craving Change™
- Employs a practical, evidence-based approach
- Addresses emotional eating
- Focuses on the “why” of eating
- Supports comprehensive lifestyle interventions for weight loss
- Represents a stepped care approach
- Normalizes problematic eating
- Encourages self-efficacy and self-management
- Applies to individual counselling
- Creates a comfortable environment for group interaction
- Considers different learning styles
- Promotes multi-disciplinary facilitation
Key elements of the Craving Change™ Client Workshop include:
Reflecting on the bio-psycho-social factors that influence eating behaviours – physiological, conditioned, and environmental.
- Increasing awareness of personal eating triggers and patterns.
- Unlearning behaviours.
- Applying the cognitive-behavioural approach.
- Learning about and choosing from The Change Buffet of techniques and skills for changing triggers and the eating response.
- Sharing and applying the change strategies.
- Preventing relapse.
- Setting successful goals.
Taking the next step.
To get onto a waiting list for a Craving Craving session in your district, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or