Interlake RHA Releases Strategic Plan for 2011-2016
Stonewall, Man., April 28, 2011—The Interlake Regional Health Authority’s (RHA) Board of Directors has released the strategic framework that will guide the Interlake RHA’s actions over the next five years.
Interlake RHA board chair, Jim Rodger, says the directors are looking forward to working within the framework of the new strategic plan following extensive research and consultation in the Interlake.
“Our consultations on this strategic plan started in 2009 with the information we gathered for the 2010 Community Health Assessment,” Rodger said. “We spoke with staff for an on-the-floor sense of what we needed to address. To get an outside perspective, we reviewed and compiled provincial research, surveyed Interlake residents and conducted focus groups so we could hear what people had to say about the future of their healthcare. We partnered this feedback with the defined needs.”
According to Rodger, the Interlake RHA has retained its mission of healthy people in healthy communities. The vision to achieve the highest degree of physical, mental and social wellbeing of all Interlake residents and communities through publicly funded and delivered sustainable, accessible, integrated health services has also remained. Directors invested time in reprioritizing and uniting the Interlake RHA’s values into four easy to remember words: collaboration, accessibility, innovation and respect.
“These values serve as our Interlake RHA way of defining the way in which we'll approach the achievement of our five strategic priorities,” Rodger said.
The five strategic priorities are:
- A responsive and safe healthcare environment for patients - constantly use the best evidence to ensure safe, quality healthcare
- Population wellness and chronic disease management - offer programs to improve overall population health with a focus on youth and seniors
- Respectful workplace with a healthy staff - ensure we are an employer of choice, with a focus on retention, recruitment, and workplace wellness
- Technology to support and enhance clinical care - enhance decision making and communication through the use of technology
- An integrated and accessible service to facilitate the individual’s health journey - focus on developing a system that improves the patient’s healthcare experience
Staff discussions to identify the programs and processes that will contribute to achieving the strategic priorities are taking place across the region. Click
to view the strategic framework and a summary of how the strategic plan was created.
Contact: Lauralou Cicierski, Public Relations Manager, (204) 467-4747, firstname.lastname@example.org